Thursday, July 5, 2012

Star Pillows

My good friend B was showing my blog to her mother a few months ago and they stumbled upon this post about my first attempt at paper piecing.  They decided that star block would make great pillows to give as a housewarming gift to a family friend.  I was pleased to help them out and extra pleased that their timeline was flexible.  I finished the pillows and they are on their way to their new home in California.

 They sent me the fabric and and requested the fabric placement.  I think they turned out great.
For quilting I just did some simple echo quilting of the shapes with two rows of quilting inside the red star to emphasize the shape.  I choose not to traditionally bind these, as I just didn't have enough fabric to make them all the same.  I sewed the envelop backing to the front panel right sides together then turned them right side out.  I poked out the corners nice and square and top stitched the edge.  Perfect pillow finishing.

I hope the recipient likes them as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment