Sunday, April 21, 2013

Canning jars I spy

In my last post, I mentioned that I had been inspired to make heads in jars by a quilt a group of us made for a friend who was having a baby boy.  I found a picture of the front of the quilt.


This was a great quilt to make as a group.  We all used the same background, kona ash.  I requested that all the jars be 12.5 inches unfinished and that the jars not be sewn to each other.  I mixed them up and added a pit of extra to even up the rows.  The fabric for the shelves is hay stacks in charcoal from the Madrona Road line.  We all chose fun novelty fabrics for a boy.  I put the top together.  Another friend made the backing and a third quilted it.

I think this is a great option for an I-spy quilt that is a little different than the usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment