Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Charity block

The DSMMQG is working on a charity quilt for a local hospice fundraiser and motorcycle ride.  You can find the post on the DSMMQG blog, here.  We made chevron blocks in Harley colors, black and orange.  I signed up to make a block and finish up the binding if it was needed.  I'm pleased with the way my block turned out.
This block and its construction was definitely out of my comfort zone.  I tend to like straight lines, square angles and no waste.  There was a lot of trimming that produced a ton of odd angled scraps.  That makes me super twitchy, but I forced myself to throw them out.  I've got a quilt that is almost finished that used a bunch of odd little angled scraps and I'm over them.  I'm trying to be more selective about the scraps I keep.

If you look carefully, you'll see I used scraps from both the front and back of my Madrona Road challenge project, which I just realized I never blogged.  So, next up, my Madrona Road Challenge, where you'll see some of these same fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment