Sunday, September 23, 2018

Easy Intentional Improv

I'm teaching again.  You can sign up for my Easy Intentional Improv class at Creekside Quilting on November 10, 2018.

Have you ever thought improv piecing looked like fun, but have trouble letting go of patterns and precision? Join us to make an improv block that can be turned into a pillow or joined with other blocks to make a larger quilt. Sample on display in store. Using a familiar intentional piecing technique, we will embrace improv and learn about the importance of color and value in composing our blocks. Improv piecing is the ultimate fabric play. Come have fun with us!

This is the technique I used to make my Riley Blake Fabric Challenge quilt that was a contest finalist.

I've made a few different quilts with this technique.  You get the look of improv, without the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment