Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A few quilty musings and a WIP finish

I dropped off four quilts at the local Quilt Guild show.  I can't even tell you how anxious this makes me.  I practically hyperventilated on the drive over.  Don't even ask me why I paid for judging on 2 of the 4 quilts.  The local quilt guild is not so supportive of the modern quilt movement.  Everything I bring in for show and tell gets a polite, "that's nice."  Then someone points out where a print is sideways.  This might explain why I drive 2.5 hours for the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild meeting.

Speaking of which, the DSMMQG is meeting this Thursday at 6:30 at the West Des Moines Library.  I'm going if you are local and want to catch a ride let me know.

I spent part of Saturday afternoon working on a little project with the Wee Monsieur.  I finally found a craft project he is willing to do with me.
He is willing to tear paper with me.  As long as he can do it while dressed as a pirate.  Like any guy, he wanted to know why we were ripping up paper then glueing it back together.  He also wanted to know why I was rubbing ink all over perfectly nice paper.  The spooky explanation worked for a while.

I've had this Halloween banner for years and have started it a couple of times, only to run out of time before Halloween and set it aside.
Like all WIPs, once I sat down to do it, it took no time at all.  I don't know why I set it aside for that long.  I think we worked on it for maybe an hour and a half.
I love it!  Now I just need to decide where to hang it.

2 comments:

  1. cute banner!

    i drive 2 hours to our quilt guild meetings too, and it's totally worth it! such a lovely group of quilters and so so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to the next meeting. Do you know when it is?

    ReplyDelete