Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nightshade

I know I made a Halloween quilt last year, but I couldn't resist getting a little bit of Tula Pink's Nightshade.  I threw in a little Birds and Bee for good measure.  I got the fabric more than a week ago, but I've been busy finishing the baby quilt for my kids' preschool teacher.  I got that finished over the weekend and delivered it Monday night, so it was about time to start a new project.  I wanted to showcase the larger scale prints including the Coven print.
I was thinking about a snowball quilt, but maybe with sashing and having the blocks offset, so that it would sort of look like a hexagon quilt, but without the hard seams.  I thought 6-8 inch blocks would be about right and yield some nice little HSTs from the cut off corners.  I got out my fabric to measure the repeat.  Yeah, those medallions are 13 inches tall and 10 inches across.  I only have 4 of them in my half yard cut.  Back to the drawing board.  I might have to save the offset snowball idea for my lobster boil stack of fabric.

So any ideas on what to do with my Nightshade stack?

No comments:

Post a Comment