Monday, July 18, 2011

Decorating the dining room

Like I said, I've been on a decorating kick for the last coupe of weeks.  I'm tackling the dining room and living mostly.  The rooms have good bones, but were a bit bland.  I got some color up on the dining room walls.  I'm working on the dining room chairs.  They are a plain black ladder back chair that we've had for 6 years.  They are ridiculous comfortable, but frankly I always intended to reupholster them.  The upholstery is a generic beige.  Six years and two kids later they are worn and stained.  We won't even talk about the one Baby Girl peed all over.

In early Spring, I got 6 yards of Kate Spain's blue allium print in the laminated cotton.  I thought laminated would be a great choice for little kids who like to spill and wipe their sticky, ketchupy fingers on the chair seat.  I've only done one so far, but I love the look.
Doesn't the wall "art" work nicely with the chair and it's seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment