Towards the end of last winter I realized everyone in the family had a hand knit hat, except me. I decided that needed to be fixed. I'm not a big knitter, but I can handle scarves, hats and the occasional very simple baby sweater. I needed a hand work project to work on at the in laws in May, so I started my hat. I'm not much for patterns, so I just cast on what seemed like a good number and set to work, thinking I could always frog it, if the size was horrendous. Fast forward to the last week, when we had visitors in town, so I pulled the hat out again to work on while chatting. Last night, I thought I should just go ahead and finish it. Hubby and I were watching Green Hornet, which is a such a bad, lame movie. It wasn't bad enough to be funny, it was just lame. Anyway, I did get my hat almost done. I got all the decreases done and was about to tie it off, but the movie wasn't over. Then I thought about those baby hats with the stem on the top. I'd always wanted to try it and the hat was rather plain, so I went for it. Here I am modeling the hat I finished off this morning.
A good shot of the top of it on the Wee Monsieur. I just love a self striping yarn.