Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Pirate Pillow

I've been having a great time making pillows.  I've only completely finished one, the rest are awaiting binding.  The one I've finished is for my son.  I think he likes it.
The Wee Monsieur requested a pirate pillow with black and red.  That's what he got.
I just did simple stripes and random linear quilting in black and red.
Joann's was light on pirate fabric, but I thought the dancing skeletons from the Halloween section worked nicely.  The binding was this awesome black and white print that looked like swirling waves to me, but a certain small boy declared it not pirate enough for the pillow.  I tried to use it for the back, but he caught me.  I had already cut the binding so I went ahead and used it.

I used the black and white print to line the back.  I used the extra fabric from piecing the the front for the envelope closure on the back.

This was the first time I machine sewed the binding.  It turned out so well.  This pillow should be able to be washed and played with for years.

Let's see how happy the recipient was.
I love making things that make people happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment