I worked so quickly that I didn't take any progress pictures. I had gone to my LQS and found lots of yummy things, but nothing dark coral. I finally ended up with a jelly roll that had some aqua, salmon and a cream with a pale yellow cast. It was the best I could do and I was running out of time, it was Thursday and my aunt would arrive Sunday. I got home and opened up the jelly roll, only to find that it was all 1930's inspired baby prints. Ack!! It's lovely fabric, but 1930's baby would NOT work with Danish Modern.
I started looking through my stash, hoping for inspiration to strike. I uncovered a cream print with large birds and flowers and realized the flowers were coral. Then I found a paisley with a dark coral back ground, a turquoise and mustard stripe, a dark brown with the same turquoise and mustard. I pulled a few more coordinates and came up with this.
You just never know when those ugly fabrics will come together in harmony and make something beautiful. I would never have thought that I would make a project that contained that turquoise and mustard stripe, the brown dot and the coral paisley. I usually work with tonal fabrics, fabrics that only have one dominate color, but sometimes a good loud print with a bunch of colors in it really pulls the quilt together, like the cream flower and bird fabric.
Since this is a 100% stash project, I'm linking up to Clover and Violet.