Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pillows

Here are the pillows I've been talking about.  I finally got the bindings finished.
This is a bookcase pillow to coordinate with MIL's quilt.  It's inspired by Don't Call Me Betsy's design.  I added a piece of background at the bottom of the leaning book, so the bottom of the book is square instead of at an angle.

Here are two pillows for the living room made with scraps from my first quilt and a few additions.  The first is a random log cabin that I quilted on diagonals following a piece of painter's tape.  I sewed each side of the painters tape with a bright aqua thread.  It was my first attempt to call attention to my quilting and I'm quite pleased with it.

The second is a quilt as you go method, that is my new favorite thing.

It's quilted every 1/3 of an inch and the thread ends are all buried under the next piece of fabric.  It's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment