Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP: All WIP as good as done

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I finished up two big quilt tops that had been lingering and am taking them to the long arm quilter tomorrow.  That's as good as done in my book.  That means I have no works in progress.  That is such a liberating thought.  I have a bunch of stacks of fabric for projects, but I haven't cut into them, so they aren't WIP yet.

I present B's Bento Box.  It is always windy where I live, so forgive the slightly ripples, it was the best shot I got.
It's 80 x 100 and queen sized.  I made my own bento box pattern.  The back is just pieced from yardage of 4 different fabrics.

Here is the rainbow quilt for my mom.

 I had stopped working on it in the spring because I ran out of fabric to do a square Boston Commons, as my mom had requested.  She's been visiting the last week and  we worked out a solution.  We made it a rectangle and then framed it with the navy and yellow batiques.  I wish I had gotten a picture pre border because the border really changed the way it looked.  The navy and yellow border is really electric.  I was not a fan of this design at the start.  It's not my usual style.  But that can be a good thing.  I've ended up LOVING this quilt.  My mom is going to hang it in her stairwell, so the long narrow shape will work well.
Love those colors!  It's made from a rainbow batique jelly roll.

3 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow quilt! The star came out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow quilt is fabulous! Your bento box quilt is great, too! I love that pattern and want to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that rainbow quilt is amazing! It's such an interesting shape, too. It'll be perfect in a stairwell. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete