Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Winter Forest

This is a quilt I started last winter, before I put all the Christmas fabrics away.  It languished as a WIP most of the year because I couldn't decide how to quilt it and I didn't know what I was going to do with it.  I've been practicing my free motion quilting and finally decided that I simply had to bite the bullet and just do it.  This seemed like a good quilt to sacrifice because it wasn't very big and I didn't know what I was going to do it with it anyway.

 I am so unbelievably pleased with the way the quilting turned out.  I quilted it with a loopy meander.  I can't for the life of me get the movement of stippling down, but this loopy meander comes naturally.  I really like the cut down trees.  It was a great use for the end of the strip that I cut the triangles from.  I believe these are either 50 or 45 degree triangles.  I don't remember which I used.
Lookit!!!!  I FMQ'd!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment