Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dead Simple QAL

I'm loosely following the Dead Simple QAL.  I decided to just do a medium wall hanging approximately 2 feet by 3 feet.  I discussed my palate choice here.

I cut one 5 inch strip from each of my fabrics and cut 8 charm squares from each strip.  Then I kept the layout simple.  I had 10 fabrics and 8 squares of each fabric.  My layout was 8 x 10 and I used each fabric once in each column and row.
I like the fabrics and they looked great all stacked up, but the final product is a bit lacking.  It took me a while to figure out why I have a problem with it.

Try it in black and white and see how it looks.
There aren't enough medium toned fabrics.  There are 3 dark fabrics, which is about right for 10 total.  However, in the B&W you can see there's only 1 medium tone.  Ah well, lesson learned.  Squinting isn't enough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment