Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween projects

I've been working on a couple of halloween projects.  The first one is this Halloween quilt.  I finally got the top together.
I really love the way it turned out.  The top has been done for a while, but I've been struggling with the back.  I got a great orange and grey zigzag to use for the back, but I wanted to mix in some other prints and I just didn't like anything I came up with.  The grey in the zigzag is more of taupe and it looked best with autumn browns, not the bright orange and black from the Halloween prints on the front.

 I finally decided, I'd do a simple autumn palate on the back, so I can flip it over to Autumn when it isn't Halloween.  I decided on the orange color way from Central Park and am using a tonal orange for the binding.  No I just need to get it basted and done.  I need to get started on Halloween costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment