Sunday, January 1, 2012

actually that was 26 quilts in 2011

After I did my year end mosaics, I finished 2 more quilts and remembered one that I hadn't blogged about.  So I did 26 quilts of various sizes, which works out to one quilt, every two weeks.  Not too shabby.  I think 3 of those quilts were started in 2010, but they were smaller ones anyway.  Without further ado, I give you the last two finishes of 2011.

I made the tops for these two quilts in 2010 when I was working out the pattern for my Christmas tree quilt.  They sat for more than a year, before I made my Christmas to do list and pulled them out as possible sell on etsy quits.  I didn't get them done in time to sell on etsy for Christmas, and I can't decide if I should put them on etsy as winter quilts, or just hold on to them for next Christmas.
This one is a large wall hanging or toddler sized quilt.  I should have put a chunky border on it to bring it up to lap size.  Oh well, live and learn.  I simply love that Figgy Pudding fabric.  I'm going to be heart broken when I use up the last of it.  Fortunately I've got a big stash of it.

 This one is wall hanging sized and is much more traditional Christmas colors.  It's twin is the first quilt I sold.  I still love the feathery holly print I choose for the outline of the tree.  It really gives that lacy effect of the outer most branches of a real tree.

I quilted them both with a combination of strait lines and machine embroidered snowflakes.  My embroidery machine and I have been at odds with each other for a month, but we've recently made up.  I changed the type of needles I was using and suddenly it works like a dream.  Apparently, my embroidery machine hates Klasse needles, but it LOVEs the Brewer titanium needles that are twice the price.  If any my of my readers would like to make a home for either of these quilts, just leave a comment or email me.

I'll give the 26th quilt of the year it's own post, as I originally intended to.

No comments:

Post a Comment