Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Project

I FMQ a final project and I love it!  I took my LOVE block and put hearts all over that sucker.
 I used a light pink, so the quilting would blend.  I'm no where near good enough that I actually want to draw attention to the quilting, but I'm still really pleased.
 I resolved the tension issues.  I upped the top thread tension to 6, instead of the 4 I usually piece at.
 Look Ma!  No top thread coming through to the back and no loose thread.
 I bound it in a great Neapolitan stripe that was leftover from B's Bento Box quilt.  I think most of the fabric in the top are scraps from that quilt.
 I went searching through the stash for backing and found this fabric, that I had totally forgotten about.  I got it on sale last Spring when the Valentine's Day fabric went on sale.  It couldn't be more perfect, could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment