Tuesday, April 24, 2012

FTLOS2

I participated in the flickr For the Love of Solids swap last quarter.  My secret partner turned out to be Liz from Goddess in Progress.  I had been hoping that she had my name, as her pictures were so awesome.  She made me a sewing machine cover and a pin cushion.
 I just love the transparency effect she did.  This makes me smile every time I see it.  I love pink!
If only my sewing table was as clean as my machine is now.

My partner was very active so it was easy to determine her preferences.  I ended up doing a plus design in muted blues and greens.  My favorite part was the quilting.  I did very heavy random lines in a few of the pluses which gave it a very cool texture.
I also made a needle book, but I forgot to get a picture of it, before I sent it off.  I'm making myself one just like it, so I'll post pictures of my own when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment