Monday, May 9, 2011

Housewarming quilt

I finished up the housewarming quilt for my friends who moved a month ago.  There's a problem.  I love this quilt so much I want to hang on to it.  I won't, but I want to.

Have you ever done something, made something and thought, "I did something really great!"  There were a few papers in college I felt that way about and now this quilt.
 One of things I like best about the quilt is the combinations of regularity and improvisation.  There's virtually nothing I would change.
 I quilted it in a sort of square spiral echoing the concentric squares.  It turned out quite well and finished quickly, which is always a bonus.

For the back I did my yardage of damask sliced asymmetrically and filled with cream, which was also sliced asymmetrically and filled with randomly pieced scraps from the front and a few pulled from my scrap jar.

It's great when you love the back of the quilt as much as the front.

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors you used in this. And your right it is nice when you have the back of the quilt that is as great as the front. Like 2 quilts in one, an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Quilt! I like the "jewels" that break the regularity of the concentric squares--and the back! Well done.

    ReplyDelete