Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crafting resolutions

I've got almost all the blocks for the robot quilt done.  Those Happy Hour blocks come together so quickly.  What was I saying about a cuddle quilt.  Yeah, it's going to be queen size and I think I might still have enough to make a cuddle quilt.

Anyway, this year I resolve to replace my cutting blades more often, or um, ever.  I replaced the blade for the first time right before I started cutting the robot fabric.  What a difference!  Why did no one tell me that makes a difference?  I think someone might have mentioned it to me once, but nobody whacked me on the head about it.  I think I might try replacing my needles when they haven't bent or broken.  Is that too revolutionary?

I also resolve to stretch myself creatively.  I will try new patterns, new techniques and new ways of connecting to other crafters/quilters.  I'm off to a good start.  I started this blog and I'm joining my local quilt guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment