Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sometimes that little voice says something smart

Last night I got caught up on some shows on the DVR, after the kids were asleep.  Hubby was playing cards with the guys, so I had the house to myself.  Around 10 pm, I finished with watching TV and thought, "hmmm, I could go to bed early and get caught up on my sleep." Then I thought, "or I could go sew for just a little bit and get sister in laws quilt laid out while there aren't children running across the basement floor."

Sleep or Sew?  What do you do when you ask yourself that question?

I answered sew.  I put in a movie and said I'd only sew until the movie was over.  I got all the blocks done and the strips mostly sewn and pressed.  The movie came to an end and I saw I only had a few blocks left to sew before I was done with all the strips.  I finished and laid everything out on the floor to admire my work.  Yeah, that's when I realized I sewed those last few blocks in upside down.  So sometimes you should listen to the little voice that says it's time to go to bed.  This morning I get rip a few seams.  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment