Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Modern Quilt Guild Challenge

I'm going to do it!  I'm going to enter the Modern Quilt Guild Challenge.  The challenge says,  "Design and make a quilt that is monochromatic. Create interest, life and energy in a quilt by using tints, shades and tones of a single color."  


I thought about it all of yesterday.  I've been thinking about doing a grey scale quilt for a while, but every time I picture a grey quilt it has a bright accent color to make it pop.  All grey might be sort of somber.  I was also thinking that I should use an original design.  It came to me as I was trying to fall asleep last night.  Beige!  White, cream, and beige are monochromatic, but warm and bright.  If nothing else, when I'm done I'll have a nice neutral baby quilt or quite a quiet quilt for the wall.  Say that five times fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment