Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sewing area

I hate packing projects up in the middle.  I'm one of those people who likes to have all my materials spread out around me.  I made my first quilt at the dinning room table.  It was rather problematic to pack up for every meal and then scrub the table down after every meal.  We've got 2 kids, ages 2 and 4, the table is always smeared with something.  Now I have a conference table in the basement for my cutting mat and sewing table.  That's the only window in the basement.  I claimed it for my own.  Of course most of the time I have for sewing is after small people are in bed, so I don't really get to take advantage of the natural light.
I'm always interested in what sewing machines people have.  So under the table is the New Home that my sister in law gave me.  On top of the table is the refurbished Janome I bought from overstock this past summer.  It does free motion quilting, though I haven't tried that yet.  I also bought a Brother embroidery machine over the summer.  My embroidery machine lives on the end of the desk, so it is next to the computer, for easy downloading of designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment