Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tree Skirt

I've been having such fun my the little quilt group I helped start.  We've gotten 3 women interested in quilting.  Two of them are very good friends of mine, so it's even more awesome.  In November and December we made Christmas tree skirts and learned how to do applique.  

You might notice that I skipped two panels.  My Christmas tree is in a corner of living room.  I decided no one would ever notice if I skipped the back two panels.

I added ball trim around the edge.  So cute and such a PITA.  Oh well, I learned things and it's all good in the end.

Here is something else I learned.  Don't applique white over a darker patterned fabric.  Fortunately it will never show from the stage as my mother would say.

the best thing is that I got to say good bye to the large piece of white felt that was my previous tree skirt.  Thank goodness I never got around to making that needlepointed one.

1 comment: