Sunday, March 6, 2011

Organizing

My mother in law came to visit.  I spent some time organizing in anticipation of her visit.  She lives less than 2 hours away, so we see her fairly often.  This visit was specifically to help me organize the closets.  In order to be efficient I did some of the easy stuff before she got here.  We did the linen closet, the hall closet, the storage closet, the coat hooks and cubbies as well as the laundry room.  Then we sorted toys.  I'm just amazed at how much we got done and how much better I feel about the house.  Today we went to Home Depot, BB&B, and Target to get a few more bins and other odds and ends.

Now we just need to install a shelving system in the storage closet.  This house has two coat closets that are around the corner from each other.  It's excessive, so we're turning the smaller one into a storage closet with shelves, as no one could ever need as much hanging space as we have.  I want to do something like this, but with more shelves.


Other than organizing the house, I've been working on my Modern Quilt Guild challenge quilt.  I'll share pictures when it's submitted.  I've been working on a few different ideas and finally I feel like I'm on the right road.  It's modern, it's energetic, it's me; hard to get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment