Friday, November 18, 2011

4x5 Bee Blocks

I got all my blocks finished and I couldn't be happier with they way they turned out.

Here are the last two blocks.  Garnet, lilac, and baby blue with coal as the background on the left.  Teal and green with ash as the background on the right.  That green pops more in person.

Here are all 6 blocks together, including my test block.
It's fun to see how far I've come in the last year in terms of technical skills.  Every point lines up and these blocks are all within a quarter of an inch.  My cutting and sewing have all come along way.  The blocks should be 12.5 inches for a 12 inch finished block and everyone of them is between 12.5 and 12.75 inches.  For 6 seams across each direction and being made up of 36 2.5 inch squares.  I call that a job well done!

I'm crazy enough that I'm thinking about making a wall hanging with this design.  It might be a good leader/ender project.  I am surprised that despite using scraps for almost ALL the stars, I don't notice any particular dent in my scrap bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment