Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pillow cases

A year ago, I learned how to make pillow cases so they look professional.  No exposed raw edges anywhere.  It'a lot easier than it sounds.  The technique is variously called the magic burrito or magic hotdog technique.  I won't reinvent the wheel, there are a ton of tutorials out there like this one.

You need a yard total of fabric, a 3/4 yard cut and a 1/4 accent for the cuff.  There is no waste, you use the whole width of the fabric.  You can do a little trim or ric rack if you like, but it's not necessary.  I thought it was a great way to make something easy for my nephews for Christmas.  My LQS had some great super hero fabrics, so I bought some of that and some cute dinosaurs for the youngest.  I added their initials so they don't get mixed up.  Plus, wasn't it the coolest thing ever when you were a kid to have your initials on things.  I'm so glad I figured out applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment