Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another Christmas finish

This is the pillow I made for the holiday swap at the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild on Thursday.  After demonstrating my quilt as you technique at last month's meeting, I thought that would be an appropriate thing to bring to the swap.
I machine embroidered the center using a pattern from Urban Threads.  I love Urban Threads.  Their patterns stitch up really well and their prices are good.  I pieced the first 4 pieces before doing the embroidery so that I could hide the top of the ornament strings under the fifth piece going across the top of embroidery.

I got my new tags from GutenTags on etsy.  They turned out perfectly.
I love that stripe/dot combo I used on the back.  The binding was a diagonal stripe, so I didn't have to cut it on the bias to get the diagonal effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment