Thursday, February 10, 2011

can't sew today

Tomorrow is the first meeting of my MOMS club quilt group.  We are meeting at my house, which means that I can't continue to ignore the growing pile of dirty dishes and the disaster area that is the living room.  I hate housework.  You wash dishes and they just need washing tomorrow.  A quilt stays sewn and you can look at it and admire your handiwork.  So no sewing until the house is presentable.

Instead I'll leave you will my favorite find from the clearance section at target.
 These little condiment cups are the perfect size for a small snack, or some crafting supplies.  I keep them all over the house for holding safety pins, bits of thread or sewing supplies.

I've been working on organizing my fabric using comic book boards.  They fit very nicely in a canvas bin I got at Target, one of the itso line.
Aren't they purdy?

Finally, I never posted pictures of the wee monsieur's 5th birthday.
 I embroidered tee shirts with rocket ships on them for favors.
 Of course the birthday boy was sporting one for the party.
These little cuties were made for me, by my good friend Nikki at Tradewind Tiaras.  She makes the most amazing cakes too.  These little cupcakes are my humble efforts.  Nikki made the robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment