Friday, February 25, 2011

Thrilled

I cut up one of the crib sheets.  I got 14 blocks out of it.  I'm completely amazed.  I had counted the likely scenes and thought I'd maybe be able to get 9 blocks.  I need 25 blocks and if I can get a similar number from the other sheet, then I'm all good.  I don't need a plan for alternate blocks.  No pinwheel blocks, no other fabric to find, which is too bad, because I think I found the perfect print to mix with the toiles.

I sewed up a couple of blocks.  Here is one.  I'm just thrilled with the way it turned out.
 I had auditioned the blue and white print in the corner squares, but I didn't like any better than the paisley I had already cut.

It took two nights of TV to finish the binding on Framed Squares.  I can't believe how much I LOVE these fabrics.  I want to keep making quilts in these fabrics.  That's silly, it would get boring.  however, I keep find new patterns that I think would look awesome with these fabrics.
Did you notice?  I took these pictures outside, without a coat, because it was lovely today, and there was no snow.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be so beautiful! I love the idea of re-using that beautiful fabric from the sheets, too. Too pretty to let it go to waste!

    ReplyDelete